Saturday, August 30, 2008

Time to Go . . .

Okay, we really didn't want to leave. This afternoon when the storm was predicted to hit a category 5 once in the Gulf, that was the moment that the decision was made.
See the light pink dots--that designates a Cat 5, then the hot pink designates a Cat 4. The storm is not to be a direct hit to New Orleans, but the high winds could mean a nasty storm surge.

We have secured the house the best that we could. I have all my medical records neatly filed in a binder. I have also put together all our important papers. We have packed enough clothing for a long haul. We will drive to Atlanta. Since my mother is staying with my sister and my sister only has a two bedroom house, we are going to stay with Frederic and Cathy Kahn. The plan is to leave at 5AM before the majority of evacuees. Hah! Do you think that we will see a traffic jam on I-10 with bumper to bumper cars? Let's hope not. As we would like to get to Atlanta in less than 9 hours. Wish us luck.

No comments: