Saturday, August 16, 2008

I am over the Xeloda!

Here is the last one of the dreaded pills that I hate. I never have to take these again. I didn't think that I would ever reach this point in my treatment.


I had to take these pills for two weeks after the first four of my chemo treatments. Ugh! These pills were part of the clinical trial. They have been used effectively for later stage cancers, but they wanted to see the effectiveness with an early stage like mine. I dreaded each and every pill that I had to put in my mouth. The first two cycles I had to take 1650 mg--which meant four different pills after breakfast and dinner each day for two weeks. They tasted nasty, or maybe it was just the water that tasted nasty. They decreased my dose to 1300 mg for the last two cycles because I was having such awful side effects. That was when it hurt to walk or touch anything. I still had to take 4 pills to get the right dose just smaller tablets.

No more Xeloda for me, as they are not part of my chemical cocktail for the last four cylces of chemotherapy. I am half way through and still kicking.

Treatment number 5 is on Thursday.



No comments: