Saturday, August 30, 2008

Should we stay or should we go?

That is the question on most people's minds in New Orleans right now. Some of my students have already left town, some are packing up right now, others like us are still watching the track and hoping that home will be the safest place.


I am most comfortable at home. Without electricity I might amend that statement, but for now I am into the comfort of my own home. Today we will keep abreast of the news, rest because both of us are exhausted from work (another reason that evacuation sounds uninviting), and move outdoor objects to safety.

At the end of the day, if we need to leave town then we will head eastward to Atlanta before the crack of dawn on Sunday morning. I don't have another treatment due until September 11th, so I do not need require any medical attention before that Thursday.

No comments: