Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Drugs Tomorrow

My treatment tomorrow means that I will be receiving Adriamycin and Cytoxan. Both of these drugs have been used for breast cancer for many years and other cancers too. One of the most common side effect of these drugs is hair loss. Been there, done that. I guess that I won't be expecting my hair to grow back any time soon. The other common side effect is nausea. I hope the drugs they give me to counteract the nausea will work. I am awaiting the arrival of several pounds of ginger candy that seems to help ease the queasiness for me. World Market use to carry the candy, but they didn't have it during my last few visits there. I went there just to buy that candy and went home disappointed each time. That is why I love the Internet. I found the company that makes Gin Gins, and several bags are on the Fed Ex truck somewhere between California and my house right now.

Today I left school feeling good. I hate the thought that I will be sick again. It is hard to walk into the chemo room knowing that poison is going to be put into my body. As Steve keeps reminding me, we have to kill the C. That is my job right now. With the help of my Ochsner team, we are doing a pretty good job on the battlefield.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have been an inspiration - really taking this thing strategically and with determination - the a general! Like a WARRIOR!!