Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to Work and Gustav

Today was my first full day back after my 5th treatment. I went in to work yesterday for about 4 hours. I was a basketcase after being there 3 hours and barely made it home in the afternoon to crawl into bed. Last night I had a full night's rest, my first since Thursday. It makes a world of difference. I made it through the whole day today. I still made a bee line into the bed when I got home at 3:15PM, but I only needed a short nap to recuperate from the day in the library.

I just want to mention Hurricane Gustav that is headed into the Gulf, so that I have a record of it for the future. Something else to worry about--I am not really thrilled about another worry. Hopefully, this hurricane will steer clear of NOLA, and we will be back to work after Labor Day. I have copies of all my medical records and lists of the medicines that I need to take for my next treatment. if for some reason we are not home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
I am so thrilled your blood work looks so good. That is so encouraging. I know you are worn out. Try to take it slow and get as much rest as you can.
Ellen