Sunday, August 24, 2008

5th Treatment was on August 21st

Before each chemo treatment I must get blood taken and tested and sometimes urine too. My clinical trial nurse, Melanie, was blown away because all the levels were in the normal range this time. I made a copy of the report for you. The column on the left gives my levels, and the column on the far right gives the normal ranges for each test that was made. I am in the normal range on all levels; no highs or lows on anything.

One of the new drugs that I got this round is called Adriamycin. This drug is not given in a drip like all the others. The nurse must inject it by hand. It is noted by its red color and is sometimes called the red devil. So far this weekend I have been able to tolerate the medication without too much nausea. I am on medication to help that will end tomorrow. I am extremely fatigued, but that is normal. My sleep patterns are all screwed up as I am up some in the night and must nap on and off during the day. I took off on Friday and will do that again tomorrow. We will see if I can make it to school on Tuesday. I am more than half way through the worst part of this ordeal, though I don't feel like celebrating.

No comments: