Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I feel great! Too bad I have a treatment tomorrow.

I have not been writing so much lately. I tried to use this time when I feel good (better than I have felt all summer actually) to get chores done and run necessary errands. I even went into school today to make sure I will be ready for work next week. By the time I am finished in the afternoons, I am spent and not interested in writing. Steve said that I am like my old self. I feel like my old self. That will all change tomorrow.

Mary North, who teaches with me at Patrick Taylor, will sit with me in the chemo room tomorrow. The treatment should last about 2 and a half hours. I told her to bring her laptop so that she can get some work done (free wi-fi at Ochsner), but we will probably spend most of our time trying to solve the world's problems. Unless I get too tired. They start my drip with benadryl. I get a little loopy at the beginning of the treatment. It is not too bad by the time I leave, though I wouldn't want to drive myself home.

I have only one 14 day course of the dreaded Xeloda pills left to take. That starts tomorrow. Then on August 12th that will be it for me. Thank goodness; I really hate the hand and foot troubles that I have had with that drug. Then I get to find out how my body responds to a whole new set of medicine.


No comments: