Friday, July 11, 2008

Trees Grow in Houston

Here are Chris Cunningham and Jo Ann Moinet standing on the deck outside Jo Ann's Houston apartment. What a gorgeous setting! Who knew you would find this in the concrete jungle known as Houston, TX. The apartment is located in the neighborhood known as the Heights. It was a wonderful neighborhood made up of trees, sidewalks and craftsman cottages. We spent our mini-vacation shopping and visiting and eating. Jo Ann treated me to a dry pedicure which was so relaxing. A full pedicure is one of those luxuries that I cannot indulge in during my chemo treatments. I have to worry about infections.

On Tuesday night we had a delicious Vietnamese dinner at Vietnam on 19th Street in the Heights. Joan sitting at the head of the table
always orders for the group. She did good. Starting on the left and going clockwise around the table are Andy, Rick (Joan's husband), Jo Ann, Annie (who used to live in NOLA), Chris, Joan, Mary Stuart (who used to live in NOLA), me (in my head scarf), and Ryan (Andy's son).

The trip was a great success! I think that we should plan a repeat for next summer, then I can sleep in the closet instead of Chris.

On Thursday, the 10th, I had my third chemo treatment. All went well and today is okay. However, the Saturday after is when it all hits my system, so I am bracing myself for a difficult weekend. I will keep you up to date.

No comments: