Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Side Effects- each day something new appears

For two weeks after the drip I take this pill called Xeloda. On the first day that I received it, they handed me a pile of literature highlighting all the side effects. Then they said don't focus on these because there is a good chance that you won't have any of them. Well, I now have palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia (PPE) or in layman's terms hand-foot syndrome. It is not so bad looking-I have redness on the palms of my hand and the bottom of my feet. The reason that I am miserable is because every step that I take is painful, every time I touch something to pick it up it is painful. There is no magic pill to make this go away except a reduction in dosage. I have a call into Ochsner. Hopefully, they will be able to recommend something and I will be able to walk more comfortably tomorrow. 

Chemo is the pits. 

No comments: