Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chemo treatment #2

Today Steve and I met my new oncologist, Dr. Larned. Click her picture below to follow a link to her resume. We were very pleased with the way that she handled all my questions about the side effects that I have been having. She had read my file and seemed to get a good sense of what we expected from the treatments. I think that we will be happy with her. She has promised that she will be at Ochsner for the long haul.







My friend Leslie McDermott (15 year C survivor) met us after the doctor visit so Steve could head off to work. She sat with me in the chemo room. As you can see in the picture she did a bit of work while I received the drugs. Ha ha, we actually talked most of the time. Leslie discovered that the woman who ran her C support group is now working as an oncology nurse. They were thrilled to see each other, and it was a happy reunion. Leslie still meets with her group several times a year for social get togethers, and she hoped that Christine will join them next time. I am hoping to go to the next gathering too.


My next treatment is 3 weeks from today. My friend Jo Ann Moinet has offered to sit through the long procedure with me.

Two down, six more to go.

No comments: