Monday, June 23, 2008

Feeling the effects of the 2nd treatment

I wanted to let you know that I had my hair sheared on Friday. My already very short hair was coming out in handfuls. I went to Kenneth to have him cut it as close as possible. I have about one half inch fuzz all over my head, and he left the hair in front of my ears. I imagine all that is left will eventually fall out. When you see me, I will be in scarf or hat. I did buy a wig, but I am not sure how comfortable I am wearing it. Kenneth has been cutting my hair for over 20 years, and I reminded him that I will be AWOL for awhile. He invited me to visit, but I don't think visiting the hair dresser will be high on my list of to dos. Too depressing, yes I am feeling not so good about the bald head. Though Steve is being very supportive, and if you have met some of the men in my family then you know that bald is a very common look.

My sister visited the traveling Fight Back Cancer Bus while it was in Atlanta. You can see the back of her large straw hat in the picture below. By the way, she has not had two bouts of breast cancer. She is a two time survivor though: breast cancer 12 years ago and thyroid cancer last year. The bus will be in New Orleans on June 30th at the Patrick F. Taylor Hope Lodge on River Road. I plan to make a trek over there to sign it too. Here is a link with information==> http://acscan.org/events/view/event/175

Now to my state of being after the second treatment. Actually, day 3 and 4 of this cycle were better for me than the first cycle. Today is day 5 of the cycle, and I am still house bound. I just don't feel good. I am slightly nauseous and very tired. I have fingertip pain which is a side effect of the drugs and now pain on the bottom of my feet. It hurts to walk. I hope that will be fleeting, but I don't know. Each day is new for me.

No comments: