Sunday, December 7, 2008

Counting Down the Days Until Surgery

Wednesday is the big day. I have a 7:45AM appointment at the breast center. They will insert a wire to mark the site of the tumor. Or should I say, where the tumor use to be. Then I go across the street to surgery. I do not know the time that the surgery is scheduled. I won't know until they call me on Tuesday. Steve will be with me. He will probably get to sit with me until I go into surgery. Then the surgery should take an hour, and I will be sleeping it off for 90 minutes to 2 hours. Steve will be allowed into recovery after that. I won't be staying overnight in the hospital; I will go home that afternoon.

The surgeon did not expect any surprises with my surgery--all routine. For him that is, not for me. I am getting a bit nervous. I know that on Thursday that I will be happy that half of my treatment has been completed.

The surgeon wants me home for a week and a half, so that brings me up to my school's winter break. I will have three and a half weeks to rest and get myself back together before going to work and continuing my treatments. I return to the doctor for radiation treatments a month after the surgery.

No comments: