Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stayed at Home Today

I thought that I could make it into work for a half day today. I am having some issues, but I don't think that they are connected to the surgery. I am not whining here, just stating the facts. I am having terrible allergy issues: sneezing, sore throat, and dripping nose. It is most unpleasant. I have to carry tissue with me everywhere I go (around the house). I know it is allergy not a cold. I am trying to control the running nose with Benadryl, but it is not working. My other issue is my stomach. I won't go into the icky details, but I took an Immodium this morning. It seems to be working.

I plan to work the mornings only on Thursday and Friday. I know the kids want to see me--I have been getting text messages on my phone and a few emails. I want to see the kids and teachers too. Plus, I have a shipment of $4000 in new books just sitting there. I want some new reads for the holidays!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! My family has been praying for you and your recovery. I would have liked to help you process your new books b/c I am looking for good reads. I have not liked the last 3 books I read. =)
Tracey

Elizabeth said...

I finished two great reads. One was the first in a series by Suzanne Collins called Hunger Games. It was a fabulous dystopian story that is usually not be speed, but I loved it. The other one was Paper Towns by John Green. He wrote Looking for Alaska. This book has a similar theme and is very well done. I recommend them both to you.

Anonymous said...

I read Hunger Games and loved it! I have passed my copy all around and my book club read it for November.They all really enjoyed it. I want to read Paper towns. I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I had never read it and I loved it. My daughter has to read it soon and I can't wait to discuss it with her. I just started What I Saw and How I lied by Blundell. I am a YA reading machine now! So glad to see you got some good news on the medical front! Happy, good New Year!
Tracey