Thursday, December 11, 2008

Up in the Middle of the Night

I can't sleep, so I am catching up on the emails that I missed today. No, there was nothing that couldn't wait, but I enjoyed hitting the delete button to clean up the trash.

The surgery went so well today. There were two procedures pre-surgery that I thought would be painful. They weren't. The area was numbed before the needles were injected, so neither the wire insertion or the radioactive dye were problems.

I am feeling great! I have slight discomfort but no real pain. I did take a pain pill before I went to sleep, as I did not want to wake up with throbbing at the site of surgery. Instead I have a bit of insomnia.

On Friday afternoon I will be able to take off the dressing and shower. Everything has gone so smoothly that I anticipate not to be disappointed with how I look. Anyway, it has been a difficult battle, and I expected to have some battle scars.

I want to give a shout out of thanks to all who put me in their thoughts and prayers. It worked! I am so pleased with today's outcome.

2 comments:

xian said...

I'm glad everything went so smoothly.

It was nice to get the happy updates during the day.

Get lots of rest!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well. Sorry I wasn't at the office to stop by and see you and Steve. Let us know if we can do anything.