Monday, October 27, 2008

Ups and Downs of Chemo

I had my last treatment of the dreaded AC (Adriamycin and Cyclophosphamide combo) on Thursday. On Friday I spent the day sleeping. I had good days on Saturday and Sunday. My friend Leslie came by on Saturday for a nice long visit. Steve had decided that he wanted to sit with me for my last treatment, so Leslie came to visit at the house rather than sit with me in the chemo room. It was certainly more pleasant at home and a lot more fun. I was able to do the evening walk with Steve and the dog on Friday through Sunday. That was a step in the right direction. Then around 8PM on Sunday, the drugs started doing their thing. I did not feel good. Luckily, I had medicine to take that alleviated the nasty feeling that I was having.

Today is a gorgeous fall New Orleans day. I don't feel like going outside, but I have all the window treatments open and lots of light coming in to make the house feel cheerful. I can lie in bed and see the wind rustling the crape myrtle tree. Phase I is almost over, and I can't wait.

2 comments:

bjcook said...

Yeah!!!! Congrats on your last treatment, Elizabeth. You are a warrior!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats, Elizabeth! I like the red hair - and especially I like the orange socks!!! Francie