Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Showered with Gifts

On Monday at school I was inundated with gifts that the teachers and students brought to me from the race on Sunday. I got a key chain from one of the students, a scarf was put in my mailbox anonymously, a teacher brought me a pink koozie from Touro Hospital, another teacher ordered a pink lunch bag for me and Peg Martinez (my friend Leslie's sister) sent me her medal that she received after running the Komen race. I also got a box of pink Savon soaps from Steve's sister; as well as a couple of pink ribbon pins from my sister. It is all about the pink during October's breast cancer month. It is very touching that so many are thinking about me now. Thanks to you all--it means a lot. 

Tomorrow is it my last chemo treatment. I don't get to ring the bell though because I will be returning to the chemo room in January for 10 treatments of Avastin. I will receive that drug every three weeks, so my treatment won't be complete until some time in June. Then I get to ring the bell. Thank goodness the side effects of Avastin don't include hair loss and nausea. 

No comments: