Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One week after

Again it has taken me a week to recuperate from my last treatment. I had a pretty good day today. I was even able to run a couple of errands in the neighborhood. I plan to go back to work tomorrow. Next week is Teen Read Week, and I have lots of neat activities to prepare for the library onslaught. Anyway, I hope that there is a library onslaught.


When I started the chemo, I met Judy. She was going to be my chemo nurse every time I went. That didn't exactly happen, but she was my nurse this last time. She has been a cheerleader for me every time that I do visit. I took my picture with her so that you could meet her too.




I cannot believe that there is only one treatment left of the eight. It has been an ordeal. I have made it through so far; there should be no problem with the last one. Though if the doctor said I could skip the last one, you know I would.

Please take a look at my upcoming appointments. I have now started scheduling for phase two of this process. I am on the books to see my surgeon on election day. We will make the appointment for the surgery then. I am so looking forward to moving on and finally getting to eat food that tastes good to me. I haven't talked much of how bad food tastes, but chemo wreaks havoc on the taste buds.

Oh, have I told you about the hot flashes? Something else I am anticipating--the change in seasons to temper my hot flashes. More on that another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
You have been through so much. I'm glad this stage is coming to an end. The upcoming events seem overwhelming. I'm sure the students will love your Teen Read Week activities.
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I'm a cheerleader - for you, Elizabeth! I read you every week - and every week I try to leave an email - maybe this time it will go through to you. You are so strong - so determined - and I am proud that I know you.
Lovingly, F