Thursday, June 25, 2009

Only 1 More Left!!!!

Yesterday was my 9th Avastin treatment since January. I have now completed 17 chemotherapy infusions since May of last year. In three weeks I will walk through those double doors of the chemo room for the last time. I will finally get to ring the bell. That will be a momentous day for me and for Steve.

I can hardly believe it. Watch here for video of the occasion.

Since the summer hit in New Orleans, I have been experiencing horrible hot flashes (before summer I had them but the hot flashes were milder). They occur at least five times a day. I think so anyway, today I am making a count. I am curious to see how many I actually have every day. I am on my third one since I woke this morning. It is now 11:30AM. So the number will probably be higher than five. They can be embarrassing. The other day I was in a small shop and was talking to the sales rep when I began dripping from my forehead onto the merchandise. I tried to make a quick exit without being rude.

Tomorrow we travel up north to visit our friends John and Elizabeth Simon in Sugarloaf, NY. I am hoping the cooler weather there will keep the hot flashes at bay.

No comments: