Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mammogram - Check

On Thursday I went for a mammogram. I had one 6 months ago on the left side just before surgery. This was my 6 month check. Ochsner now has digital mammongraphy. It seems that it was easy for them to read the left side. All looked as it should post surgery, and they could compare it to the picture taken in December. I had to take multiple pics on the right side. Maybe 4 or 5 extra ones. I was starting to get nervous. Since it is difficult to compare the old mammograms to the digital ones, the doctors needed the extra shots. It took an hour, but I was given the all clear.

Later that day I went to see my surgeon. All well there too. However, I was hoping that I could schedule the removal of my port. That truly marks the end of this ordeal. Since the drug that I am taking blocks new blood vessels from forming, he doesn't want to remove the port until 6 weeks after my last treatment. That puts me into September for removal, which means some time away from work. So I don't have a definite date because they will not schedule that far in advance.

No comments: