Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting Near the End

I have been on a clinical trial for my whole chemotherapy regimen. When you sign up for a clinical trial, you are assigned a research nurse who holds your hand through the treatment. My first treatment was May 29, 2008 and my last treatment is planned for July 16, 2009. The nurse initially signed on to my case left Ochsner before I had my first chemo last May.

So I have been with Melanie Zazulak for over a year. I see her before each chemo. She asks me a zillion questions, and I get to ask her a zillion also. She schedules all my appointments. She is my connection to the doctor. It is a whole lot faster to call Melanie and get her to talk to Dr. Larned for me. She usually called back with a solution to my problem within twenty minutes. Melanie has made my journey much easier. I think that on July 16th will be my last visit with Melanie.

I finally got a picture of her during my last visit. Here we are in the hallway in oncology.

No comments: