Thursday, January 1, 2009

Snow in New Orleans, Time to Sleep

I am late telling this story, but it goes with our card for the new year. The snow fell around 8:30AM on December 11th; the day after my operation. I had a fitful sleep the night before and woke very early. After breakfast and reading the paper, I decided to go back to bed. I had just fallen to sleep when Steve walks in to tell me that it was snowing. I told him that was nice and turned over; I wasn't budging from the comfort of my bed. Steve took the photo below while I slept.

Later that day I was able to read the emails going back and forth at school about all the students and teachers leaving the classrooms to play in the snow. One of the teachers made a trip to Walmart for towels because the students were wet and cold and dripping. It sounded like an exciting day, but I was happy to experience it through cyberspace.

No comments: