Friday, January 9, 2009

One Down, Nine More to Go

Yesterday, I had my first treatment of Avastin. It took forever. I went to Ochsner at 7:30AM for blood work. Then returned to work. Steve picked me up at school for a 10:45AM appointment with the oncologist and an 11:30AM appointment in the chemotherapy room. I thought that I would be back at school for 12:15. I think that I returned around 1:45PM. There was a lot of waiting though we did get to eat lunch.

The doctor was pleased with my progress. The one glitch was my blood pressure. It is usually in the normal range, but yesterday it was high. The Avastin can raise your pressure, so they did not want to give it to me if my pressure was high. I think that they took my pressure about ten times.

Today I feel good, no ill effects from the Avastin. I looked at the calendar and figured out that my last Avastin treatment will be in the middle of July. Whew! Treating my cancer is the never ending story.

Next week I begin radiation. I will let you know how that goes.

No comments: