Thursday, September 18, 2008

Knocks Me for A Loop

I wasn't expecting that. This chemo treatment hit me hard. By Tuesday the 16th I was starting to feel better, but I also started to feel extremely weak. I could barely get out of bed. I stayed home through Wednesday because I was so tired. I think that on Wednesday I took three separate naps during the course of the day. I also was home awaiting the arrival of the locksmith because our front door dead bolt wouldn't work. Now our lock is in ship shape, and I have 2 weeks to mend before my next go round. Do I really have to do it all over again?

Today I returned to school. The library was swarming with tweens at 7AM. I was overcome. Pleased because they were excited to have access to the books once again, but overwhelmed to be back at my normal routine which felt anything but normal. The library was abuzz all day long with books in and out. At first I thought that I would not be able to accomplish anything worthwhile, but by the end of the day I actually got some needed work completed. I know that I can make it through Friday with some weekend rest before a whole week in the work force next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
Thank God for job satisfaction! It is enough to keep you going. Try to take it easy but still enjoy yourself. Do you have parent volunteers you can call upon? Do you have a good sub that knows how to circulate books when you are absent? I have trained a few subs to use Destiny so books can still circulate when I am out. She also shelves books and can do minor clerical.
Take care of yourself and get the rest you need.
Ellen

Elizabeth said...

The library is closed when I am not there. Yes, I guess that I could get a sub, but it makes it easier knowing that I don't have to come back to a mess when I return. I like control and don't really trust someone else to check in and out. That way I know exactly what is going on in the library. I give a warning ahead of time when I won't be there , so kids know to stock up on reading material before I am out. So far it works.