Sunday, September 14, 2008

Had My Treatment

You may have guessed by my lack of posting that I had my 6th treatment on Thursday. My white blood count had a reading of 1122 on Wednesday. It needs to be at 1200 before they will give me my treatment. When I had my blood work done again on Thursday, it was at 1900. So the 24 hours made a big difference. Next time I will not have my blood work the day ahead. I scheduled it that way so I could go in quickly from work on Wednesday to have the blood drawn and then work half a day on Thursday.

I am feeling okay. I haven't made it out the front door since Thursday afternoon, but that is to be expected. I plan to be home on Monday and Tuesday to fully recuperate. Hopefully, my strength will allow me to make it through a full day on Wednesday. The drugs that I am taking to keep away the nausea disrupt my sleep patterns, so if I don't have to worry about getting up to get to school for 7AM then I can sleep and wake as needed.

I explained to the doctor that I went back to school too early after my 5th round of chemo because I couldn't sleep. I figured that if I couldn't sleep then I might as well be at work. She said that even if I can't sleep, my body needs the rest. So I am going to get the rest. It should make it easier to transition back to work if my body has had enough down time. It is hard to know how much down time that I actually need. I will let you know.

No comments: