Thursday, November 13, 2008

All Clear for Surgery

Today I saw the oncologist. My blood levels were just where they should be, and she gave me the go ahead to schedule my surgery. I told my MRI horror story to my doctor today, and she was pretty confident that it can be read even with some slight movement. MRIs are only done on Wednesdays, and they are read only once a week. So I really will have no clue about the results until I see the surgeon next week. I see the surgeon on Tuesday. As long as the dreaded MRI from yesterday is readable, the surgeon will tell me his plan for my surgery when I see him.

More good news today. I can now eat sushi and raw food when we eat out. I don't have to worry about my immune system. Yea!!! I think that we will go the Vietnamese restaurant Kim Son tomorrow night, so that I can have a vermicelli noodle bowl which is filled with raw veggies. Steve will probably have one too. My favorite dishes at Kim Son all contain raw veggies, so we haven't eaten there much over the last 6 months. It is one of our regular spots. I have sorely missed the flavors of their food, and so has Steve.

No comments: