Sunday, April 19, 2009

Last Day of Freedom

Tomorrow it is back to work. We only have five and a half weeks until the end of the school year, so I can't complain. I have two doctor appts. this week. I see the radiation oncologist on Thursday for a final check up. I think that he gives me the aokay for a mammogram at this time, but I might be mistaken. Then later that day I go back to Ochsner for my sixth Avastin treatment. This time I don't have to see the doctor, so it might take less than the usual two hours. I hope so anyway.

My original chemo nurse, I have had many over the last year, moved to a different department. The chemo room didn't look the same last time because there were so many new faces. I hope on Thursday that I will have one of the nurses that I know. It makes it a little easier and more comfortable.

A new book in one of my favorite series comes out on Tuesday, Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith. I have pre-ordered it for my Kindle. It will magically appear, and I can't wait. It will be a treat to savor as I sit for my treatment on Thursday.

No comments: