Saturday, April 25, 2009

Doctor Follow Up

My radiologist oncologist said that I am good to go. My next mammogram will be in June. We had a long talk, and he explained that they are working on a protocol for doctor visits post treatment. Ochsner is trying to make a plan so patients don't have to visit so many doctors. So for the next year I will be seeing one of my doctor's every three months but not every doctor every three months.

The other thing I discussed with my doctor was my mammogram of one year ago after I found the lump. For some reason I assumed that the mass was not detected in the mammogram but only in the ultrasound taken the same day. I was wrong. The mass was seen in both, and they were pretty sure by the characteristics of the mass that I had cancer. They didn't tell me that. I only heard that I had cancer after my biopsy and the pathology report was completed. That was news to me. However, it really didn't matter if they suspected cancer before my biopsy because I would have just been worrying until I got the final results of the pathology.

Tomorrow I visit my new primary care physician. This is to discuss my blood pressure. I really don't want medication, but I may have no choice.

No comments: