Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week Four Began Today

I have completed three weeks of daily radiation treatment. I am half way through the process. I have become old friends with the women whom I see daily who are scheduled before and after me. We don't say more than hello and how are you doing, but it is a comfort to see the same faces. There are about 5 techs who work my treatment room, so I never know from day to day which two will be with me. Sometimes I am lying on the table half naked with about 5 people working on me. It seems so silly. Once I am put into position I can't move. So I don't always know who is moving me about. Half way through each treatment a tech comes into the room to change the plate on the machine. At first I didn't even know someone was entering into the room. My head is turned in the opposite direction, and I am not allowed to move.

At the end the machine moves back to its initial position; I could move but I always wait for a tech to come in to tell me that I can relax. The bed that I am lying on is raised very high in the air. I can't get off of it until I am lowered.

Then I return to the dressing room and dress to get back to my normal routine.

No comments: