Monday, March 9, 2009

Just One More Phase Left

It would have been nice to say that once radiation was done that my treatment would have been complete. Not so. I signed up for a long haul when I agreed to participate in the clinical trial. I go on Thursday for my fourth Avastin treatment. After that I will have six more every three weeks. I don't finish until the middle of July.

I am having some joint issues that I won't whine about here, but I plan to ask on Thursday if the Avastin exacerbates arthritis. I was first diagnosed with arthritis in one of my toes at 23, so it isn't new for me. However, I go through periods where it doesn't bother me and periods where I am very uncomfortable. Like now. I hope that there is a connection so that way I can't blame the discomfort on age but on the drugs.

No comments: